The All New 2016 Pilot SUV Honda Canada Honda Pilot Car and Driver

The All New 2016 Pilot SUV Honda Canada Honda Pilot Car and Driver.The new Honda Pilot rolls into the 2016 model year with a pricing spectrum that spans five trim levels and $16,425 from one end to the other, each step up tempting the prospective buyer with more goodies, right up to the fully loaded Elite model. We test drove an EX in July and went with the Touring model b/c of the features. 
Who would have known the seat belts were different from the EX to the Touring. 

honda pilot 2016 canada, honda pilot 2016 price canada, honda pilot 2016 price





I took the car into the dealership and they fixed what they could but I was told by American Honda the seat belts were mounted differently on these 2 models- so stupid!!! You'd think since you are paying more for a Touring it would have the better features in seat belts? WRONG! The passenger seat belt is 4 inches off from the drivers side, my husbands knees hit the dash on the drivers side but not the passengers side (yes the seat is all the way back), and the seat belt barely fits him (he is a bigger guy, broader shoulder guy) on the drivers side but every other seat belt in the vehicle, he can buckle just fine and not be "locked up". His brother is 6'6 and doesn't fit comfortably in the car either. We are already looking to trade it in within a year. Not the comfort we test drove in July.
The big Honda clearly is aimed at folks whose motoring agendas include lots of hauling. It can tow—up to 5000 pounds with all-wheel drive, 3500 with front-drive. But more often than not, the payloads entail kids. We probably don’t really need to add that even though minivans are superior in almost all aspects of family hauling, Pilot prospects would rather donate their kids to science than be seen in something with those telltale sliding side doors. As the owner of both a high-end European sports car, and a Comfortable full sized SUV, I didn't even want to look at the Honda Pilot. I was looking at Range Rovers, BMWs, Mercedes, Toyotas, and a host of other vehicles that I thought would be more to my liking. I nearly barfed when I saw Honda's advertising for this vehicle, which was such a turnoff it took me an extra week to drag myself down to the Honda dealership. I'm not a middle aged formerly cool guy who's trying to recapture my youth and now realizing I have to capitulate to living vicariously though my children in order to realize the dreams I used to have before the perils of marriage, parenthood and middle age robbed them from me Honda. That's basically just offensive. After I got over the advertising, I did manage to test drive this car. And it's actually a really good ride. It's got a fairly good technology package (though nobody is doing it like Tesla, and Honda needs to be more aggressive in pushing OTA updates and whatnot), incredibly comfortable seats, and everything just makes sense. I've been in every other vehicle in it's class, and it's the best one by a mile, plus it's really quiet. I did NOT like the 2wd version the pilot, because it has significant body flex and actually wasn't that hard to squeal the tires coming out of parking lots (minivan style). Things are thought out, just work, etc.
Let’s start with performance. All Pilots are propelled by the same engine, a 3.5-liter V-6 rated for 280 horsepower and 262 lb-ft of torque. That displacement is familiar—the previous Pilot powerplant also was a 3.5 V-6—but the new engine essentially is the same as that used by the Acura MDX, and direct fuel injection gives it a 30-hp edge over its predecessor. This in a vehicle that’s substantially lighter, by as much as nearly 300 pounds, according to Honda. It’s also substantially quicker off the line.
Share this post :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Autos Express - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger